Subject: Re: Hypernauts...
From: Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 22:02:27 -0800

Actually, I was expecting a Reboot-clone too, so was taken quite by 
surprise...first the graphics were obviously much, much better, even 
`cinematic' if I can use the term.

> Through the whole thing I kept thinking to myself "B5 Light! Doesn't taste
> great and, less filling!"...The acting was bad, the story was non-existent
> and the effects were the same as B5 except without any atmosphere. I am
> perhaps being over critical since it is intended as a children's show but
> none the less it seeems to lack any redeeming qualities.

I think the comment below hit it right on the head....

> The whole thing Smacks of Power Rangers meets B5

That's it exactly, that what it's supposed to be....I've glanced at a 
couple of Sat. AM 2D cartoons with mechs etc., and was expecting the same 
thing in 3D a la Reboot,  instead its a blend of world class 3D and high 
school class acting....not a bad blend necessarily.

I think the thing worth noting is that this is now POSSIBLE, and 
economically viable thanks in no small measure to LW and it's effects on 
the industry over the last few years.  a `blend' like this would have 
been out of the question financially even a year ago, IMHO.

	Steve Bowie [email-masked] 
	North York, Ontario, Canada
    <<If I'm using this address, you gotta
	  KNOW my reg. ISP is down>>